Sunday, August 2, 2009

US Go Congress (1 of 3)

I was going to blog about everything that is happening with me here in DC, but that would take me more than an hour every day, and I don't have that much time. Since I am here for the US Go Congress, I will mostly blog about go related activities.

Shannon and I flew here on Friday. We had to get up at 4 AM for our 7:10 AM departure. We are staying with my friend Ramon's (and is finance's) place. Before going to bed. Ramon and I played a game. He won 73-43. I played poorly. I was playing unconventional moves when I knew the conventional move. Also, I need to remember that I cannot have it all. I need to either give my opponent the worse half or give up something in return for something better.

On Saturday, we spent most of the day in Baltimore. At the end of the day, we went back to George Mason (where the congress is held this year) to register for the congress. Ramon and I would have probably stayed and watched some people that were playing go, but the our ladies did not want to stay and the buildings on campus were closing in the next 10-15 minutes anyway.

It is now Sunday morning and we are about to leave. Each day we will play one game in the US Open tournament. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment