Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Netbook Stopped Working

In a recent post, I mentioned that my netbook stopped working.

I have an Acer Aspire One with 8 GB solid state drive (really, it is compact flash) and an 8 GB SDHC card using Ubuntu. On July 31st, while waiting for our flight to Washington DC, I tried to use my netbook, but it did not work. When I pushed the power button, the power light would come on, one of the two WiFi buttons would flash, and then the power light would go off. Everything I tried (including batter, no batters, wall power, no wall power) had any effect. My netbook is still under a year long warranty until Christmas time, so I sent it to Acer to get fixed. I will post again about this when I get my netbook back and know what was wrong with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment