Sunday, October 30, 2011

Corn Maze

Yesterday, I went to my first corn maze at Treinen Farm with my bible study group. I have heard other people describe their corn maze experiences and combined with my low expectations of corn mazes, I was mostly excited to hang out with my bible study group.

However, I am happy to say that this corn maze was amazingly fun. They give you a partial map and indicate where to go to find the next piece of the map. Here is the maze:

The start (and end) is in the middle on the right side.

Two people in our group tracked our progress using the GPS in their phone. Here is what one of them recorded us walking, which was about a mile long:

There were seven checkpoints in the maze. Checkpoints 8 - 10 were after we left the exit of the maze. The yellow in the bottom left is my addition. The GPS tracking doesn't match up well with the maze in that corner. The yellow is what I think we did over there.

I was leading the group to the first checkpoint when I got lost. I took the second left instead of the third just before the checkpoint. However, I redeemed myself later by finding the way to checkpoint 5 after someone else got us lost.

In addition to the seven checkpoints that gave us more of the map, there were eight secrete locations, unmarked on the map. I wanted to find these locations as well, but most in the group didn't seem interested.

I am already excited for next year's maze...and maybe I can find the secret locations as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment