Thursday, December 10, 2009

Comments of Windows 7

Read for yourself the following instant message conversation that I had with Shannon...

Shannon:
i'm not that impressed with windows 7
it's just vista
me:
me neither
lol
Shannon:
or what vista would have been if they had another 2 weeks to work on it
me:
lol
Shannon:
instead they took another 3 years to give me this?
whatevs
me:
lol
Shannon:
i can't believe i wasted a day getting it installed
so lame
there aren't even any new features
they made up a bunch of new backgrounds
by giving their artist some crack and then telling him to draw things
and the bottom toolbar thing is different
and that is it
and they amped up the sidebar thing on the desktop
the end.

Later, when talking to her on the phone, she had this to add:
I am pissed that I got Windows 7. I thought that it was supposed to be better.

2 comments:

  1. While I do agree that Windows 7 is just a finished Vista, I would like to point out the performance enhancements that 7 did make. When running 7 on any machine it is much less buggy. Many of the changes for windows 7 were made under the hood for an overall effect. It would be smarter to call it windows vista take two, but vista as a name was so tarnished. The release of Vista is very comprable to what Apple did with the release of Snow Leopard. If you look at leopard and snow leopard side by side they are almost identical, but as soon as you start to use them side by side you will see the vast performance differences. The KEY difference here is that the snow leopard upgrade was only 30 bucks, where if you want your windows vista home premium upgraded, you are looking closer to 100 unless you have the god discount from ISU. I LOVE my windows 7 installs, but all were either free via MSDNAA or 9 bucks via ISU CoE. All in all, I <3 Mac and I DEAL with windows when I want to game or when using my laptop. Oh and I thought the acid-induced wallpapers are worth the 100 bucks alone...but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon asked me if the differences were security and/or speed improvements. She was disappointed when I said yes, probably because she is the type of person that believes that to be a program, you need a GUI.

    ReplyDelete